Saturday, May 8, 2010

Unyielding devotion




I felt it in my bones.
Weak, frail, and starving I was.
The mind dwelled in fear.
How shall I be?
Broken is a portion within.
The soul grows a thirst.
Struggling to cowardice.
You maneuvered so stealthily.

Once was I, a fool.
But this day, sword beheld sharpened and tested.
No longer a stranger to your ways.
My heart shall not consume hallow promises.
With no little courage I fix my spirit against you.

Always I remember this covenant I bear, rooted, built-up and established.
I have struck down beasts and dragons and you shall be like one of them.
"This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I will strike you down and cut off your head."

This heart roars with thunders of righteousness.
These eyes behold piercing vision beyond earthly ways.
This mind consumes purity and demolishes the crooked.
This spirit united to the holy, holy, holy.
Timeless Love defines this figured clay.
"in Him I live and move and have my being."
"To Him who sit on, heaven's mercy seat."

No comments:

Post a Comment