Thursday, May 6, 2010

An honest confession.

This is where I am.
I'm happy, hopeful, but sad.
I'm happy that I get to share my affections and receive yours.
I'm hopeful about what God is doing in your life, in mine, and what this relationship could be like.
I'm sad that my heart and mind is drifting from you.
I'm sad because I'm hurt by what you mean behind your spoken words.
I'm pleased by who your are.
I perceive you are intelligent, amiable, empathetic, established in God, Potentially the best you can, and a working progress.
I'm displeased because there are things we do not have in common and cannot share together, and these things I hold to be important.
I perceive we have values and convictions that do not overlap.
I pray for you to be blessed- transformed more by God, the way He intended and most definitely lead you in the way He purposefully called you to and designed you for.
I am a friend to you and you are a friend to me.
I thank you for your patience and the nice things you do.
I thank you for forgiving me when I failed to be a good man to you and by my err simultaneously dishonoring God.
I'm grateful for the tender and dreamlike moments you shared with me.
I'm grateful for accepting my silliness and seeing me for who I am.
I'm grateful, God blessed me with you to transform my heart to be more than it was.
I honor you with my thoughts.
I miss you.
But this I understand, you belong to God and I belong to Him as well.
I hope I was not troublesome to you.
You are a good woman.
I was willing to work things out, but there is too much resistance on the other side for me to endure.
I'm not always right and I gladly admit.
My heart is mine to hold, to keep, to nurture, to guard, to give, and I owe my heart first to God.
My heart submits and abides in Him.
My heart's allegiance is His.
I have received authority over my heart.
I'm committed to do right for God and I will do what's right for me.
I wish for enjoyment in your next chapter.
Farewell dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment